Washing your own carpet is indeed a bit heavy but let’s wash your carpet at least once a month, so that the room can look more beautiful with clean and fragrant carpet. Meanwhile, check out the recommended carpet care specialists as well.
Here are 7 tips for washing carpets with water that you can do at home:
1. Before washing, first, clean the carpet using a vacuum cleaner so that dust will be lifted perfectly
2. Expand the carpet in a hanging clothesline or a special place to hang heavy clothes so that the water will easily flow during washing. If you wash the carpet stretched on the floor, you can be sure that you will have difficulty when you have to dry it because the carpet will be heavier due to waterlogging and it can also damage the glued carpet.
3. If it has been stretched perfectly and strong, start cleaning it using a water sprayer. The use of this water sprayer is done so that stronger water pressure penetrates into between the carpet fibers.
4. Perform a cleaning process using a special soap to wash carpets or carpet shampoo. However, if it’s not there, the alternative is to use soft soap or use baby soap using a soft carpet brush and don’t do it very hard because it can damage the texture of the carpet. But it must be ensured that you have brushed perfectly so that all dirt can be released.
5. If the entire surface of the carpet has been cleaned then rinse with water and spray it with a softer pressure so that the water can flow properly and transport the dirt inside the carpet.
6. Dry the carpet at sufficient heat, do not overheat because it can cause carpet fur to become hard but still have enough temperature so that the carpet can dry in one day.
7. After the carpet is dry, title it again on the floor and sprinkle enough baking soda by splashing it on the surface of the carpet to remove the odor and after 30 minutes clean it again using a vacuum cleaner.
Carpet Care Specialists Mosman
50 Yeo St, Neutral Bay, NSW, 2089
(02) 8311 3724